Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dec. 26,2005 Day 1 of Suboxone Usage

I live or did live a fairly normal life, I had smoked pot, drank at times, even tried various pharmaceuticals in my twenties. I never plunged into the depths of the hell they call addiction as I casually used drugs for relaxation. I was 27 years old, owned my own home, had a wife who was able to be a stay at home mom, and a nice 401K tucked away. When the kids were one and three I stopped the partying, especially weed. My wife was unable to do so, and the resulting friction led to our marriage becoming another statistic. The overpowering feelings of failure left me incredibly broken. I moved back to my mother's home and with her help continued raising my sons. What I do remember is that my mom had Vicodin left from my fathers medicine bottles. I remember the headaches and one day my mom gave me two Vicodin and the next eleven years were altered. My 401K vanished, I committed numerous acts which I am too ashamed to admit, went to a detox and a two week rehab, and found the 12 Steps to be a cult. The only reson I am typing this today is I was put on suboxone Dec.26 2005. Since that time I have become very knowledgeable regarding both suboxone and subutex. Is it a cure all? No, but with willingness to quit using opiates for the high or to maintain so you can work - I say suboxone is the best chance one will have.


Health



tandblekning


Top Blogs

No comments: