Saturday, July 10, 2010

When Is Enough Enough?

I will quit tomorrow. I must have said that a thousand times. But what does it take for one to decide they have had enough? Some call it their rock bottom. Was it the time I saw my best friend Andy pour hot grease on his arm so he could go to the E.R. and score? When I saw Andy in a casket, and I sobbed uncontrollably and had to leave the funeral? When I wondered how long I would be in prison if -------- found out that I was ------ from them? My addiction took a turn for the worse when I my company went under. I was left with a $150.000 mortgage, a new wife, my two kids and her two step kids. I burned through my 401K in 12 months. $97000.00 down the tubes. My bottom came when my sons came in my room as I sat sobbing uncontrollably, knowing I was going to have to go some place and I mean then. It was Christmas day and my sons held me and told me they loved me. THEY gave me the will to fight back, to get help. To admit I was in over my head and couldn't fix this one on my own. I was introduced to suboxone on Dec. 26, 2005. I believe it helped save my life. It took alot more than just the medicine, but I was willing to do anything. I hope that maybe even one person will read this and realize there is hope. There is redemption. Ultimatley it is up to each individual to decide.





Health




tandblekning

No comments: