Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Intervention Television Show

The Girl with the Dragon TattooLast night I watched two episodes of intervention. One was about an oxycontin addict who stole, ripped dealers off, and even had his ad giving him money for the pills. I was fortunate enough to have a good job throughout my addiction. The stealing and ripping people off only happened in the severest stage. At the worst I was doing up to 20- 40MG Oxycontin in one to two days. I once ate a 100mcu fentanyl patch I had frozen in the freezer. Why I am not dead is only known by God. Back to the original subject, Intervention. I think all pre teens and teens should have to sit through one or two seasons of this show. You see the dark side of addiction, not the mysterious, fun, side of drug use. Yes, it makes your stomach turn to watch some episodes but better on T.V. than in your household. Opiates are everywhere in Southern Ohio. Its an epedemic that seems to keep increasing each year. Kids I knew when they were 10 or 11 are now junkies. Our federal govt. medicaid card pays for alot of the dealers pills in our county. That use to pissme off, I would work all day and stop by and pay for pills my tax dollars bought in the first place. Crazy eh?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: