Saturday, July 3, 2010

What Is My Angle for Doing This?

As a former heavy opiate user I am still leery that everybody "has an angle" you don't get something for nothing. I hope to maybe erase some of the bad I contributed to society in the grips of my addiction. So I guess that could be seen as an angle, if you should so desire. I have been to a prominent rehabilitation center where I was 1st put on suboxone, to a D.O. down on the Ohio River who only charged a $20.00 monthly co pay, who was a demanding, no bullshit, recovering addict himself, to a country quack who cussed out the receptionist in the next room for accepting me. (I had $500.00 in cash clutched in my fist) as she explained he was no longer taking Sub patients, to a mild mannered man of Malaysian descent who happens to be a caring, kind, wonderful doctor. The first one on the list required daily phone calls to a nurse who would say "yes" or "no" as to whether that was the day I had to drive to Lab Corps an drop urine. The D.O. had no idea that I had found out he was in a preset "agreement" with the state medical board, but he was sure to always ask for my meeting list, and to ask what step i was working and what my sponsors phone number was. So.... I decided recently that if I can help one person get steered in the right direction then making god would add some purple hue to my cosmic karma,or forget the time I stole the Oxycontin from that medicine cabinet.








Health



tandblekning


Top Blogs


No comments: