Friday, July 16, 2010

EVERY DAY COULD BE MY LAST ONE, SO.......... I WILL LIVE LIKE IT!

I was happy to find out my oldest sister was done with the chemo, and radiation. The oncologist said she was even going to have her hair come back in. I found this out on Monday of this week. My relief was short lived as her daughter Karen (my niece) was in the hospital and the doc said they were going to remove her gall bladder on Wednesday. Apparently when they opened her up the surgeon found a mass growing on her colon, which he also removed. So I got a phone call at work today from April, (another niece)  telling me that Karen has stage 3 COLON cancer. It hasn't been 2 hours since I found out, but I am still in somewhat of a "fog" that is undescribable. I recently posted about the subject of death and what I perceived as the 3 types of people when it comes to their feelings and beliefs about death. I did see Karen at the 4th of July party one of my 3 sisters had & I thought Karen looked sickly. I must admit I thought it was probably drugs, but I am glad I kept my opinion to myself now. I come from a large family and these are the times that we all form a certain cohesiveness to support one another, hug one another, laugh and cry together. I only wish that it didn't take a bad event to get us to slow down, take time to be together like we use to. Karen, I will be praying for you, and I love you. Uncle Jeff

[Valid Atom 1.0]

No comments: